Monday, June 13, 2011

HOLA FROM HONDURAS!

Hola todos!

I am so sorry i havent gotten a chance to write... life is crazy here!
We have been in Tegus for the past week in intensive language school..

so at this time as i am typing in english i am translating it in spanish in my head. haha

We only have a little time on the computer today at an internet cafe so
i thought i would give everyone a run down on how my days usually are.

We wake up at 5. yes i, Danielle Dubois wake up at 5. which means i'm out of bed at 5.30
doing our personal morning prayers from 5.30 to 6.30
we pray lituergy of the hours together at 6.30 and have breakfast at 7

we eat and have time so ourselves until 8 when our
personal spanish teachers arrive . . .we have class until 12
then pray the rosary until 1230
after we have lunch and study spanish for 2 hours.
we have some free time and then we walk to church 20 mins away
for 5.30 for an hour of personal prayer then mass everyday at 6.30

we walk home ay 7.30 and have dinner around 8.30 ish
we do evening prayer at 9.30 ish and our in bed by 10

our schedule is jam packed and some days are spent going out into the community doing different
services during our free time/study time but most days are pretty close to this.

On saturday was Pentacost which was like Christmas here..
MASS WAS 4 HOURS LONG! yeah 4 hours of me being A.D.D and
not understanding spanish but none the less it was nice. I have made
BFF's with this little old lady in church.. everyday she comes over to me and gives me hugs
and kisses. just to me... she is so adorable..

Studying spanish is very tiring and i have been skipping out on studying as much as i should and replacing them with afternoon naps. *hot summer naps.. where you wake up in your on sweat.. oh its quite lovely.

its so hot here and no AC. we have a fan in our room and i usually fall asleep with it pressed against my face haha.. do you blame me?

Yesterday we went back to the mall.. the other day we went on an outing and yesterday our power was out of 8 hours so we took a taxi back to the mall and saw XMEN in the movie theatre // in english of course haha.. it was nice to get out because being in the casa house with nothing to do but study spanish with the same 5 people being an A.D.D. kid can be quite boringgg.. i jut want to run or burn some energy  and i usually just find myself dancing around the house haha.. we have a little tv that we watched the Honduras soccer game on the other night. but yeah more spanish..  my head might explode soon. .


My spanish teacher is so so crazy. she speaks like two words in english but we manage to get around the subjects and learn what i need to learn. I am having trouble with my verb conjugations. I have to study alot but it will be worth it.

I am very ready to get back to Comayagua and be with everyone else. I miss everyone so so much.
I am ready to practice my spanish on everyone.

I think that is it.. theres not much more to say..

I need some serious prayers i am going through some desselation but am going to get through it..

we are eating AMAZING food. because we arent in the moutains eating bad food which is nice. but anywyas.

until next week !



ADIOSSS!

1 comment:

  1. Ok this made me laugh out loud! I can totally picture you napping with the fan on your face! I hope you met someone in language school to help keep you sane! By this point your done though! YAY!

    ReplyDelete