Friday, June 24, 2011

UPATED! - back in comayagua

So we spent the weekend with the group from baton rouge and the group from focus which is a group of college kids and older who do Catholic missions all over the world.. needless to say those guys were amazingggg.

The first night we were together i had to share my ´testimony´and if you dont know what a testimony is, it is what has gotten me to this place in my faith life.. all my struggles and strives.. so the 4 summer term kids talked to the group and we each gave our stories on how our lives have changed over the years through our faith.. it was fun..

the next day we volunteered with the missioners of charity nun (MOTHER TERESA´S order) at a local orphange.. they were freaking amazing.. the kids were precious.. we played games, sang songs and put on skits for them.. they loved it.. but during all the kids having fun i saw a little baby girl not more than 2 sad by herself against the wall.. and in my world that doesnt happy.. so i picked her up and held her.. for the rest of the day.. she wouldnt break a smile.. it was so sad.. but after about two hours holding and playing with her i got her to break a smile.. and a tiny innocent laugh.. the nuns were in awe.. they then told me that the little girl ¨JACKIE´¨s mom left her there a month ago and she never smiles..she misses her mom.. i´m the first person in a month to get her to smile.. she let me feed her and rock her and just love on her.. she held me so close to her and cried when i left. so of course i lost it.. the nuns just stared at me in awe and i knew that little girl was my purpose for the day. I held her so tight and tried to show her as much love as i could in the 4 hours we were there but it wasnt enough.

Nothing else big happened this weekend besides a nun telling me she felt called to ask me if i had thought about the religious life so i got scared and i litterally ran away haha. but she was cool.

When we got back in Comayagua i was glad to because A. I got all of my clothes. B. I have a stash of peanut butter crackers and oreos haha and C. I am now living in community with 16 people. So everyday its 16 that do everything together--- and i love it

I seriously adore all the Honduras.. some play guitar so we stay up late playing and dancing around chasing the massive frogs here.

The other day we held a first communion retreat for a group of kids that actuallyhave their first communion today and that is were we are going later.. they were awesome.. it was frm 8-3 so it was alot of hard work...

Yesterday we did lots of chores in the morning.. i held flood a room to clean it out.. it was gross and i slipped and ate it big time.. the ground was covered in dust and dirt so we had to flood the room and push the water out .. later on yesterday i helped one of the honduran girls out with physical therapy work for people that live around us... a little boy with a tumor in his head and can function much but has so so much life..

and last night we celebrated Carol (the head of the missions) birthday with a huge party .. it was so fun.. i cant to celebrate my birthday here!!!

okay until friday adios!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment